Sunday, March 12, 2006


A last look back at Elsinore castle from the ferry to Sweden.

We had decided to head on over to Malmo, Sweden for the night, and during the short ferry ride I had picked out a hotel and a driving route to find it. Imagine my surprise when we drove off the ferry and saw a sign welcoming us to Helsingborg, not Malmo. My mental map was obviously flawed, and we weren't where I thought we were, and suddenly I was madly scrambling to find the right map and the right guide book, so I could pick a new hotel and route, while Darrin is freaking out because he doesn't know where to go and I can't direct him, and there is no place to pull over. We gave up and just followed signs to the center of town and picked the first respectable looking hotel, which was new and nautical themed and smelled like linseed oil. This was the worst navigation error I think I've made... Malmo is really nowhere near Helsingborg. That's what I get for thinking I have the map memorized.





Swedish people like to ride bicycles.





A view of Karnan, the stone keep that looks across the water to Elsinore Castle...





...and looking back into town from the stairs leading to Karnan.

Labels: